Auld Lang Syne

, Wednesday, January 5 10:45 AM

Every year, New Years resolutions intrigue me. People make the strangest resolutions sometimes, and yet very rarely are they ever fulfilled. I have half-heartedly made resolutions in the past, but I never expected to stick to them for an entire year.

That's why, this year, I didn't make resolutions. I made goals.

Goals for 2011
.

It just sounds catchier.

Not only do I have goals instead of resolutions, but I am posting them on here so that you, my readers, can hold me to them. If I finish this year without meeting these goals, you can point a finger in my face and laugh at me. I give you that right.

So here they are in all their glory.


Goals for 2011
:

1) Run a half-marathon
- this will help me lose weight, get in shape, and earn bragging rights!

2) Create and Stick to a cleaning plan for the house
- Mondays are dusting days. Tuesdays are
bathroom days...

3) Organize my house
- I want to have a place for everything, and know that everything is
actually in its place.

4) Make prayer a more integral part of my day
- I want to learn how to pray without ceasing.

5) Finish a knitting project
- I know the basic stitches and have started several projects, but this
is the year I finish one.

6) Pass a PT test
- G.I. Joe has already agreed to test me when I am ready. I'm talking Army
regulation push-ups and everything...


Of course I hope to accomplish much more in 2011, but these are the things that I am sick of wanting.

So good luck to you with your resolutions/goals/whatever-you-decided-to-call-them-so-you-might-actually-meet-them! Or if you are smart enough to say "psh" to New Years resolutions, maybe one day I can enter your world of contentment.

Until then, I will keep you posted on my goal-meeting.

And Happy New Year!

3 Response to "Auld Lang Syne"

Tracy Says:

Hey Katie, I'm not sure if you know who I am. I go to church at NAB, and a friend of your momma's. I enjoyed reading your blog. Keep up the good work and I'll be waiting to see if you meet your 2011 goals. Blessings to you sweet one.

MikaShea Says:

Hey Katie. I like your goals. I just finished making a house chores schedule. Monday through Thursdays since jan 1 i've been following it as closely as time will allow. {we'll see how well i follow that after Josie Shea is here}.

Honey I'm Home Blog Says:

This looks like a great list. BTW, I am hosting a pretty awesome giveaway on my blog. Wonderful people like you who are already followers just need to leave a comment to enter. Good luck!

Warmly, Michelle